Frequently Asked Questions and Answers

How Do I Apply?

UNIC Residences can be booked through our website, or email us at [email protected]

You may also visit the Offices of the UNIC Residences at 46 Makedonitissas Avenue, 2417, Nicosia

For more information or queries about U residence please send us an email at [email protected] or call us at +357 22050000.

When Can I Apply?

Applications for the U Residence can only be done when you have been accepted to study at the University of Nicosia and you have been given a Student Identity Number by the Admissions Office. Priority is given to 1st year UNIC students.

How Long is the Standard Residency Contract?

The duration of the contract at the U Residence is 50 weeks. This equates to a full Academic Year.

Can I extend my contract for a shorter period than 50 weeks?

It is not possible to extend your contract for a shorter period after your 50 weeks are over but you can renew your contract for another 50 weeks.

How can I pay my deposit?

You can pay your deposit online through acceptable credit or electronic cards.

How can I pay my rent?

Rent is payable by cash, bank cheque or through any acceptable bank transaction (i.e. bank transfer, bank deposit, standing order) at the reception desk of U Residence.

Is there a penalty if I terminate my contract prematurely?

If the contract is terminated before the end date you will be obliged to pay the all the outstanding rent payments for the whole duration as specified in the signed contract.

For more information, refer to the Reservation Agreement and the Terms and Conditions.

What happens if I have booked my accommodation but can’t get my student visa?

If you require a visa to study in Cyprus, we recommend that you book or reserve a room at U Residence only after your student visa has been issued. If you pay a deposit or an installment and you don’t get your student visa then you may lose your payment(s).

I have a specific religious or health requirement regarding accommodation, who should I notify?

If you have any specific religious or health requirements regarding your accommodation, you are required to contact the U Residence Manager at [email protected]

Should I bring my own appliances?

Our full list of appliances can be found here. Feel free to bring your own kettle, panini grill, toaster, iron, etc.

I am not a 1st-year student can I still book a U Residence?

U Residence will give priority to 1st-year students. However, when the priority is waivered, 2nd, 3rd and 4th year, undergraduate as well as Postgraduate and Doctoral students can book their room at U Residence.

Are there specific facilities that are friendly for people with disabilities?

U Residence has rooms designed specifically for the convenience of people with special accessibility needs. If you have a disability, you are required to mention it during the booking process.

I will be moving with my wife and children. Is U Residence family conducive?

Our residence is NOT appropriate for families. Therefore, we would recommend that you consider private individual apartments which are affiliated with the University.

To find an appropriate accommodation, please email, [email protected].

Are there any car parking spaces or bicycle storage facilities at U Residence?

You can book your car parking slot with an extra fee at the time of booking. There are motorcycle and bicycles racks, free of charge, in designated areas.